Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Just beginning... (Sept '07-Dec'07)

After much encouragement from all of my friends, I am ready to begin the blogging adventure. All of you know my computer skills, so please hang in there with me, and I'll give it my best. As you all know, the Lord has put the desire in our hearts to adopt again. With all the changes going on in Guatemala right now, we knew that the possibility for adoptions to be closing was very near. In July of '07, we were fingerprinted, and then in September, I began the mad paperwork frenzy. Through a blogging friend, we were led to use a private attorney. We truly believe that this was all part of His imminent plan. Due to not using an agency, the dossier was compiled by me, myself and I. Actually, I had a lot of contact with our facilitator (daily) which was of great help. In the beginning of November, we received our referral of our precious baby girl. The Lord clearly made it known that this was to be our little girl. We had friends that were picking up their little girl in November, when Kella was one month old. They were able to visit with, take pictures and videos of, and love on our baby Kella. That was such a tremendous gift to have. Through all of this, we knew that we had to have our power of attorney signed, and registered by December 31st. It was down to the last few days, but all was well. It was completed in His perfect timing. With all of this said and done, I was so relieved to let go of this stressful part of the adoption process. Now it was time to let go, and let God.

No comments: