Tuesday, July 29, 2008

closure

After watching our daughter begin the bonding process, we felt it was good for Norma (foster mom) as well as Kella to have a final goodbye. The drop-off night was so hard that I felt there wasn't any closure. Norma and her sister came by for a final goodbye, and it was amazing to watch Kella's little life begin as a part of our family. She smiled and went right to Norma, and then turned around, saw me, and came right back to me. She did that a couple of times, and then was very content just snuggled in my arms. After hugs and tears goodbye, and a prayer by Steve, it was time for Kella to be with her forever mama and family. We feel so blessed that we had this opportunity to see Norma one more time, to let her know how much we appreciate her, and to let Kella say goodbye. We know this was God orchestrated and in His plan for us to leave this way.

Isaiah 43:5-6

Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west.

I will say to the north, 'Give them up!' and to the south, 'Do not hold them back.' Bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the ends of the earth

1 comment:

Irene said...

What a huge blessing from God that you were able to say goodbye in this way. I can hardly type after staring at all of the beautiful pictures!!! Kella is absolutely stunning and looks so comfortable with you all!! She's right where she belongs!! I love seeing her snuggled in your arms!!! Praise God for His amazing goodness. You can tell this has been a joyous and fun trip for you all. You've also been a blessing to many around you! Now come home!! I'm so excited you are able to leave today!!! I can't wait to see Kella with her new family of 8!!!! Love ya, Irene