Monday, July 28, 2008

Our First Day...

Since Kristin has been updating you all as we go through this journey on this trip, I figured that I would give you a some more information from the mama!! (although kristin is still typing this!)

We are so happy to say that the Lord graciously granted us a wonderful first day with Kella. Last night was harder than I really thought it would be. I guess because we have been with her two times already. I didn't think it would be like it was. Who was I kidding? I even am the one who encourages other friends when their babies go through the grieving process.

Our plane arrived late, so when we walked into the Westin, we saw Jorge (our facilitator) and Lou Lynn and her little Essie. She is the friend I met through her blog and she was the one who led us to our attorney. We really have wanted to meet and we thank the Lord that He allowed this. She is a wonderful person with a precious little 14 month old. She gets to bring her home in 2 weeks. Soon after, Kella, her foster mom and two sisters arrived in the lobby. Kella looked at all of us and then the hand off happened. Bless her little heart, she was half asleep and we are all looking at her and trying to comfort her. She cried and cried. I usually have the touch, but there was no consoling. Finally, I gave her a bottle and she fell asleep and slept til 6:30 am. She woke up playing in her bed until her Daddy brought her in bed. She just looked at us, would wimper a little, and then be ok. Cody came in and snuggled and he won her heart. He even got her to smile some. She is SWEET!

The rest of the day she seems much more comfortable. Amy A. encouraged me how important the crying is for the bonding process. It just was hard and broke our hearts.

Daddy is so gentle and quiet around her. She is warming up slowly to a man in her life. Cody had her laughing out loud, by running into walls pretending he was hurt. The big sisters are so sweet with her! 

Tomorrow we have a 7:15 Embassy appointment. We are grateful for the prayers for this part of our journey. We knew we needed to keep our faith and that we would get this appointment. After the first 24 hours with our precious gift, we want to give God all the Glory for this little life He has rescued. We feel so honored He chose us to be her forever family. We can't wait to be together as a family. We miss you Chloe and Kenzie!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Couldn't sleep tonight....kept thinking of sweet little Kella. Had to come down to the office to get another sneak peek and check how things were going for you. I am praying for you, thinking of how amazing God is for placing Kella into your family, forever! Your blog was on our computer all day long. Elizabeth, Grace, Sam and Annie loved looking at pictures and they are very anxious to meet their new little friend. Sam wanted to get on a plane and just come visit you guys today. He couldn't understand why we couldn't do it!?!? We smile as we picture big bro coco. How sweet must it be to see Kella smiling at her crazy brother. I am sure K and K are loving every minute and I am so glad they were able to travel with you. Thank you for the updates, for the pictures and for the continuation of this amazing story. We miss you and love you and can't wait to see you soon. Please give Kella hugs from the Blair fam.

love ya!
annetta

Anonymous said...

love the words from lisa...i can just hear your voice as you explain your heart break over kella's "separation" issues. yes, lisa, listen to the words you encourage others with so often. :)

kella has been so loved and well cared for - i will be praying especially for norma today, what a blessing she has been to your family.

everyday, kella will fall more and more in love with her forever family - the family God knew He would bring her home to from the very beginning. i cannot wait to see her and watch her grow into the woman God has for her to be. she has the most amazing examples to follow - the kindred women are the best around. not to mention that crazy big brother and handsome daddy. :)
we are counting the hours till your arrival home. we are praying through the appt. too. we LOVE you and thank God for all He has done and will continue to do in kella's little life!!!

the sugai fam

NCHLSN7 said...

Oh my gosh you are there! I didn't even know. I'm in Charlotte visiting Jenny and Dave's family. Introducing Luke to everyone. I will be praying and keeping up. I got to meet Amy last week at East White Oak. Enjoy your sweet Kella.
Missy

Irene said...

Lisa, I pray your night with Kella was more peaceful than the first. I remember the first night we had Malea - she cried and cried - it was heartbreaking. She did much better during the days, but nights seemed to be where her grieving and confusion came out more for a while. It's so hard to watch, but as you've encouraged so many others, you know it's all part of the process. It's a healthy and good thing - it means she's letting go and then will be able to bond well with you - but so heartwrenching to experience. What a blessing that she was with a foster mom who she did attach to. And what a blessing that she has such an awesome forever family hand-picked by God to love her and care for her and help her through this transition. Everyday will get better. I love hearing about all of the smiles and giggles you are getting with her! She's precious!
Praise God for your Embassy appointment. We just can't wait for you to come home! We can't wait to see you all!! We'll keep praying for Kella's transition. Love you all, Irene

Molly said...

Praise God!!! I'm so glad everything's going well. She is so precious.
Blessings,
Molly

BridgetdSmith said...

Oh my GOoDness! I leave for a weekend and you LEAVE to be united with your daughter!!

I am SO thrilled for you & your family!! AND praising GOD for His faith~FULL~ness! ...Your lovingkindness is better than life, My lips praise you. So I will bless You as long as I live; I will lift up my hands in Your name. Ps 63:3&4

I am praying specifically for a transition soothed by God's own hand...for Norma,Kella, and the entire Kindred Klan!

Thank you for allowing us to "come along".... it is an HONOR!!

Many hugs!