Tuesday, July 15, 2008

do not worry...

we ran into another glitch in the system in getting our DNA done. we have an appointment at 10 am tomorrow. i am beginning to feel a time crunch, because of kristin leaving and us wanting her to get to spend some time with kella. although i began to worry, my devotion today from "Jesus Calling" was just what i needed. let me share it with you...

Do not worry about tomorrow!!!

This is not a suggestion, but a command. I divided time into days and nights, so that you would have manageable portions of life to handle. My grace is sufficient for you, but its sufficiency is for only one day at a time. When you worry about the future, you heap day upon day of troubles onto your flimsy frame. You stagger under this heavy load, which I never intended you to carry.

Throw off this oppressive burden with one quick thrust of trust. Anxious thoughts meander about and crisscross in you brain, but trusting Me brings you directly into My Presence. As you thus affirm your faith, shackles of worry fall off instantly. Enjoy My Presence continually by trusting Me at all times.

Matthew 6:34  Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

2 Corinthians 12:9  But He said to me, my grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Hope this encourages you like it did for me! I trust God has every detail of this part of her story covered.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

okay, i'm feeling a little "lisa-ish" right now because i just wrote a big ole comment and clicked on something and now my comment is gone in cyberspace!! ahhh! i will try to remember what i wrote....

thank you for the word of encouragemnt you left for us this morning. He has it aaaallll undercontrol!!! so, today, we will not worry about kella's arrival, instead we will continue in steadfast prayer for her and for you. what an awesome time God has given all of us to grow our relationship with Him! He desires our time, He desires us to cast our worries away and put our full trust in Him. His way is ALWAYS the best way. what a privledge it is for us to have this time to pray for you and grow deeper in Him. the things we have learned and will continue to learn have grown our trust and faith: He is good all the time..His timing is perfect...His plan is sometimes different from our plan, but His plan is perfect.
we love you - all EIGHT of you - and will PRAY for, not worry about, the glitches. one day at a time, dear ones. one day at a time. we give Him the glory for all he has done and is doing RIGHT NOW in your family and all the families who are praying for you. we have all learned so much.
we love love love you.

XOXOXO
the sugai fam

Sherry said...

Lisa -

Stink! Those glitches can be so frustrating! And yet they are so beyond our control and such a part of this journey. I am thankful that God is filling you with His grace. It IS sufficient. He will not keep Kella in Guatemala one day longer than necessary to work out His purposes in you, her, your family, and others that you couldn't even imagine. I am praying COMPLETE peace over your days! We are hopeful for her to come home VERY soon!

Blessings! - Sherry